Friday, February 10, 2012

Vintage inspired lace necklace/collar

Another piece of my Irish Lace Crochet Collection came due to see the world and this one is definitely my favourite.






It is inspired by vintage collars with that, that this one can be worn as a necklace {I imagine it with a long black, sateen dress for an ultimate dramatic effect}, or as a collar over plain dresses, blouses or shirts as the inevitable vintage detail. For authenticity I crocheted it in ecru, but it would also be perfect in white {for a wedding perhaps?}.



11 comments:

Muireann said...

This is beautiful!

Emer said...

Beautiful, I think it would also be lovely with a velvet dress. Happy weekend and enjoy the snow.

Masustak eguzkitan said...

Lovely!!! A perfect touch for any outfit.

Maya Kuzman said...

Emer, it is amazing that you thought the same. This collar is the perfect thing for a velvet dress. In fact I am in the making of a purple velvet dress. It is gorgeous with the crocheted piece on.

Ladies, thank you on the lovely comments!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Oh, I have been waiting for this reveal. Absolutely gorgeous. I just discovered a good friend of 15 years crochets, I had no idea of her secret. She asked me if I knew any blogs, I immediately referred her to you! have a great weekend - we are about to get your weather.

Unknown said...

That is just so elegant! Very vintage indeed, such a pretty model!

BearyAnn said...

Very pretty. It looks so elegant. You did a great job with this piece.

Papgena Made It said...

that is beautiful!!! so elegant!

Unknown said...

STUNNING piece Maya. This may just be my favourite items of yours! WOW!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Iara Alencar said...

Que lindo seu trabalho.