Friday, September 18, 2009

A Romantic shirt



This cute little shirt was left unmade more than a year ago. Why unmade you may wonder. Simply because I couldn't decide on the appearance of the front part. The idea was the bib to be pleated. However, no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't make the right pleats. They were either too wide or too narrow. So I set it aside. After considering for a few times to get back to it I finally took it out yesterday and instead of meddling with the pleats I reconstructed the bib and made ruffles instead. I like it more now - and I think that the ruffles are a far better solution than the pleats. They add up to its cuteness, don't you agree?

And the fabric is also adorable. I am sorry I didn't buy a lot of it. Just a small piece left for another project.

No comments: