Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A jacket, a necklace and work in progress...

A while ago I bought myself a ton of fabric (literally) some wool and rep mostly because they were discounted and soo beautiful and besides I wanted to make myself something more casual and romantic. I love quick projects and I like when I finish them in a day (preferably) or two. I hate when I start something and then procrastinate from various reasons. After I came back from work yesterday I set to work on the jacket and managed to finish it.
Here it is:
I don't usually wear cropped jackets because of my height - they usually make me even smaller, but I took the risk and made myself this gorgeous beauty. I didn't like to have ordinary long sleeves and I made these.


For the sleeves I used the pattern of a Burda shirt.

Previously, during the weekend I made myself a skirt of the same fabric and it's been pleasure wearing it. It so soft and comfortable.


Unrelated continuation of this post: My latest necklace...



...and here is a glimpse of some jewelery to be!

4 comments:

Stefi said...

It's a very nice fabric and wow, you finished the jacket in a day - impressive

Jodi Wade said...

Maya, those sleeves on your jacket are gorgeous!

And that necklace is divine! I love black with lace!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Jodi!

Tuppence said...

Lovely! I like the whole outfit. I think the sleeves are a great touch. And I can't wait to see that "jewelery to be" completed! :)