Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Paper



I am obsessed with paper. Not just any kind. The handmade one.
I love the feeling it conveys - the rough yet fragile surface showing its fiber veins, telling a story of its own... Bearing the stamp of creativity and imagination of the artist who created it.



Yesterday, I bought myself the book called Paper - from the handmade style series by Murdoch Books, and I've already leafed through it numerous times. Filling my eyes with beauty and discovering techniques I would love to try.
The book is a wonderful invitation to explore the creative potential of paper whether recycled or commercial offering elaborate description of gorgeous decorative effects such as embossing, embedding and laminating.

While in Italy we visited a Paper farm and participated in creation of the fibers for paper. With this book, my experience made a full circle. With eagerness I hope to plunge into a paper making project. Soon...

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I fell in love with that fern silhouette ! how beautiful !

Maya Kuzman said...

Well, I hope it'll inspire me to do some similar work!