Sunday, February 13, 2011

Waiting for Valentine



We've been making some cards for Eva to take to school tomorrow.

We've surfed the web and flipped through magazines to find the "loveliest" Valentine messages.
In no particular order we chose these "few":


Q: What did the baker say to his sweetheart?
A: I'm dough-nuts about you!

Q: What did the silver polish say to the bracelet?
A: I've taken a shine to you.

Q: What did the baseball bat say to the homerun ball?
A: You're a big hit with me!

Q: What did the finger say to the ink?
A: You're my 'Prints' Charming!

Q: What did the stamp say to the envelope on Valentine's Day?
A: I'm stuck on you!



And I wouldn't be worth calling myself a seamstress if I didn't share this one:

Q: What did the pants say to the sewing machine?
A: You leave me in stitches!




Happy Valentine all!

Taken from Captain Corelli's Mandolin:

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."

7 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Happy Valentine Day!
Its so neat that you are making valentines.

I've never read Captain Corelli's Mandolin, though I may have seen the movie. This is such a wonderful passage and exactly the way I feel about my husband (we have been married 39 year). It brings a mental image that is very comforting.

Wishes for a wonderful Valentine Day for you.
Carol

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you sweet, sweet Maya. You have so much love in this space and in your sweet family. That is a very special quotation from Captain Corelli and I absolutely loved that sewing machine joke - told it to our family over dinner!!!

Papgena Made It said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
The messages are so funny!
And the quotation is so...on the spot!
I never read that book but you get me interested!

Unknown said...

And Happy Valentine's day to you too, Maya! I did the very same this weekend... Made cards with my little one. What a special thing to share in!

Ophelia.K said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Maya!! I enjoyed reading this post a lot! Love is everywhere, here and there:) Have a sweet day!!

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

happy love day!!!
i featured your bra wire tutorial on my bloggie today with my version of the necklace... which i am totally wearing at this moment it's GORGEOUS and you are GENIUS!!!

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

*blush* you are so sweet! thank you again for showing me how to do it! do you know how many one wire bras i have and can't part with? project time this weekend!!! hahahaa