Monday, November 14, 2011

My Collection of Vintage Scarves

Once in a while I mention my vintage scarves but never show many of them. I have collected them fervently over the years and was quite brave to extend their use, hence these were created: a shirt, a balloon dress, a scarf, and some feathered friends.

As you can see they are intended for children and the patterns are quite varied, colorful and attractive. I don't have a favourite because how could I pick just one from all these beauties?

The reason for this post is actually this pin that set me thinking what would a top look like if I combine several of them.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

they make such a pretty mosaic all folded and set together like that!

that "pin" is gorgeous, wow!

Papgena Made It said...

oh they're so beautiful!
I love the little blue birds in the tree!
Since I saw your shirt that I want to make one to myself!
Maybe next year, when my belly will be back to normal (hopefully!)! ;)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

oh my!! so glad you shared. I absolutely love scarves. I love all the colours and themes in yoru collection. Your model is perfect!

ByNightCreations said...

oooooh! I just down know what to say! do you mind if I start the same collection. they're all so pretty!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is an amazing collection you've got yourself there Maya. Those patterns are wonderful! And knowing you you could turn these into something marvellous again! Hugs, Ira

Vanessa said...

Hi, Maya

Oh my, I am drooling over those lovely scarves. I love vintage scarves. My collection is not as big as your, but I do love to collect them. I buy a lot of them and give them to my sister who loves them very much. I carry one in my purse all the time. They are so feminine and the patterns on some of them are just beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your collection.

Vanessa

Cucicucicoo said...

those are gorgeous scarves! you must've been collecting them for ages to have found so many lovely ones. *love* that top and i'm absolutely sure that you'd be able to make an amazing one! :) lisa