Sunday, December 16, 2012

Magenta love




I cannot stress enough how much I love this color. Really love it! I had bought the same color of beads but couldn't decide how to combine them both. The necklace evolved slowly; it varies a lot from my original idea and I am glad it does. I combined my favourites: crocheted tubes, beads and a flower.
 

The base of the flower is an actual African flower onto which I sewed a lace trim (coiled into a flowery shape and added a crocheted bead on top). 
 



10 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

So pretty!

RobyGiup said...

Very nice, I like the mix of shapes and materials!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a special looking necklace Maya, such lovely photos of your sweet girl, too.
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

mydogOzzy said...

Such a beautiful creation and luscious color!

Angie said...

It's so great that a few beads and a bit of thread can turn into such a nice accessory.I like it very much.
I have to say this,you have the best model for your creations. You make a nice team.So sweet!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Stunning piece, colour, and photo shoot. Beautiful work!

Ana Love Craft said...

So beautiful!!! Love all detaills!
Have a wonderful day and Merry Christmas!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Earning-My-Cape said...

Very pretty! I love the color, too!

Preeti said...

Very pretty! I too love magenta Color. I never tried crocheted tubes. Seeing this necklace, I must learn how to make these tubes:)

Unknown said...

Oh wow, that is gorgeous Maya! You have such an eye for crocheted jewelry. I'm always amazed by your designs. Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!