Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tribute to the Grimm Brothers

Today Google takes us back to our childhood with an interactive doodle celebrating 200 years of Grimm’s Fairy Tales. Have you seen it?
Along with Andersen, the  Grimms have been my favourite storytellers since I was a little girl and I passed the love of their fairy tales onto my children. 

Last year I bought this book to add to my collection and it does hold a special place.


And now, if you missed it - Google's tribute to the anniversary!


The Red Riding Hood




 I gathered the kids around to see this cartoon and we all loved it! Everyone participated in retelling it and the trashing of the wol cracked us up!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you´ve managed to see all of the new Google images Maya, I only got to see the one, lol! I´ve always been tremendously fond of fairytales, from all over the world. Yes, everyone should possess fairytale books!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

The nutcracker and Grimm all in one week, love it! There are a number of Grimm celebrations taking place in Toronto to commemorate!

Unknown said...

Hee hee, I went through it this morning on Google and it was enchanting. Good idea to capture it here!