Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cauliflower stamping

This is a project we did in early autumn but I completely forgot to post about it - until today when I found the pictures. 
Cauliflower is just perfect for stamping because it is an enormous source of beautiful shapes. And much more interesting than potato and cabbage heart stamping.



 




Have you tried any veggie stamping?
I have a stamping board here: http://pinterest.com/littletreasures/stamp-it and you will love it! {Sorry. Blogger doesn't let my link work, so if you want to see it, copy and paste it}


5 comments:

Divya said...

I have done lots of stamping work both as a students and with my students..but never explored cauliflowers before...you are right they lend themselves to some quirky prints

Unknown said...

Likewise! I never even would have THOUGHT of stamping with veggies! (Although I now remember having made some stamps from potatoes when I was a kid). Looks like you had so much fun doing this Maya ;-)
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

RobyGiup said...

Lovely, the red one looks like coral!
I never tried it, but I've seen stamping with chicory (here: http://www.marthastewart.com/266805/rosy-stationery?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/valentines-day-cards ).
It looks like a rose!

Unknown said...

Aaah so pretty... Look at all the textural possibilities in there!

Don't you love finding those old lovely crafty pictures? It's like finding old buried treasure. :)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Oh this is fun inspiration - such pretty textures on your paper. We have not experimented with stamp, other than potatoes and not for some time. Agree with Michele's note above, definitely buried treasure! wishing you a crafty weekend.