Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Valentine's Day: Free Patterns and Tutorials

 
 
If you've procrastinated long enough and are now in a zeitnot, don't fret.
 
I have compiled some of my old, trusted projects that have been tested multiple times and have been verified in terms of easiness of make and greatness and suitability when it comes to giving these as gifts.    
 
 
A crochet lariat that offers versatile styling. I have been wearing this lovingly and it is one of my favourite pieces.
 
 
 
There's a ridiculously easy pattern for this headband and  heart.
 
 
 
If you are interested in making a crochet heart that can be used to make a decorative pillow, doily or just a piece that will please your soul, the pattern is here.
 

 
I collected all my dear vintage buttons and made a unique brooch. This one might sparkle some inspiration and ideas for you.
 
 
This Valentine's necklace combines crafting and crochet that are exploited so well to produce an eye-pleasing gift.
 
 
 
I left this for the end as it is not a free project / pattern, but it is a very dear pattern of mine. I made it for St.Valentine's Day and it features and intricate heart headband. Although it looks difficult, the pattern is very easy to make and I really don't have to mention its appeal. I made it using as inspiration Polish gingerbread heart cookies.
More about the pattern here.
 

8 comments:

Anabelia Craft Design said...

Thank so much for putting all these adorable "little treasures" together, Maya! Great inspiration here this time!
Happy Valentine's Day! πŸ’•πŸƒπŸŒΈπŸƒ

Kim said...

I have so enjoyed revisiting some of your lovely pretties once again. Love the little heart and the sweet headband. May you have a beautiful Valentine's Day filled with much love.

Mia said...

I do not know what to admire first! Wow, Maya! Such a beautiful crochet collection!!!!!!!!! Kisses, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Lots of inspiration! Love the last headband the most (and it's such a sweet picture)! But I'm also admiring your old buttons on the brooche, I think I would hesitate very long to use those pretty buttons because they are so special! I'm collecting buttons too and I'm looking for a way to display them in our interior :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

So great to have you here Anabelia! Thank you on the sweet comment!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for taking the time to revisit my whimsies Kim :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Mia! I know cards are your focus now, but maybe this will sparkle the crafting mojo even more :)

Maya Kuzman said...

I love these buttons dearly. Some are very old - from my mim and my grans. My maternal grandma was a seamstress and had an impressive button collection but I saved just a few. Having them in one place is good because I cannot displace them now. Or lose them :)